Awarded annually to an outstanding full-time student athlete enrolled in an undergraduate program. G. Ross Love, the former Vice-President (Academic) and Professor of Physics, began his association with Carleton in 1948. Over the course of his distinguished career he was instrumental in a number of key developments at Carleton including the move of the University from the small college on First Avenue to its current location and the building of the Physical Recreation Centre in 1974. He was a great supporter of the Athletics Department. He was the first person to be selected as an Honorary Member of the Carleton University Ravens Basketball Alumni Association and in 1999 received the Founder’s Award, the University’s highest non-academic award for his 35-year career as an academic and senior administrator. Endowed in 2002 by family, friends and colleagues in memory of G. Ross Love.