At Carleton University, we are committed to the development of an inclusive and transformational university culture where individual distinctiveness and a sense of belonging for every member drive excellence in research, teaching, learning and working at Carleton. Such a culture facilitates cross-cultural and interdisciplinary collaboration, local and global engagement, as well as an environment of innovative intellectual inquiry where all can fulfil their potential. This fund will have a direct impact on institutional strength and transformation. Your contributions will drive excellence, a sense of community and well-being at Carleton.
By supporting the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Fund, you are advancing two principle goals: you are: (1) helping to increase access to education and promote success for equity-seeking student groups; (2) supporting the university’s commitment to research excellence by specifically confirming the value of EDI as a scholarly focus across disciplines. In this way, the fund aims to empower students and faculty to reach their full potential and provide equitable access to services and opportunities. Your contributions will also enhance an institutional culture free from discrimination or harassment on the grounds of age, race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status and disability.
Funds raised will be used to:
- Establish or expand awards for student achievement and research that reflect the value of EDI as a scholarly focus;
- support the promotion, funding and dissemination of faculty research to advance Equity, Diversity and Inclusion;
- bolster bursaries and scholarships for the benefit of under-represented student groups;
- promote the integration of principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion into programs and services, to enhance a culture of learning and promote student success;
- assist with the creation and delivery of educational and professional development services that enhance cultures of learning free from discrimination and harassment