A Very #GivingTuesday 2013
#GIVINGTUESDAY WAS A SUCCESS! SEE THE FINAL TALLY HERE!
Today, Carleton University will join Canada in celebrating the nation’s very first #GivingTuesday. You shopped on Black Friday, and surfed deals on Cyber Monday. #GivingTuesday, is the day we welcome the giving season by giving to others.
We will ask our community to give to, and complete our time-sensitive Futurefunder projects. Futurefunder is a collection of projects and academic pursuits of our students and faculty. We hope their dreams resonate with you on #GivingTuesday.
Carleton’s #GivingTuesday goal
Our goal is to raise $15,000.00 in 24 hours. Our thanks to the Carleton University Alumni Association and other contributors who have committed to matching every gift, to a total of $15,000.00 If all goes well, we could raise $30,000.00 for great Carleton initiatives in just one day! However, donors can support any project that is meaningful to them.
Giving on #GivingTuesday
- Explore the projects here and choose the project you’d like to give to by making an online donation
- If you’d rather give to something else at Carleton, you can, right here
- A maximum of $100 will be matched per gift
- All gifts made online from 12:00 am to 11:59 pm on December 3rd, 2013 will be eligible for the match
- For more information about #GivingTuesday in Canada visit here
Meet some of our students and professors and learn more about their projects through these videos below:
World University Games
Students on Ice
Helping Children’s Brains ‘Tune In’ and Pay Attention with Music – working with OrKidstra
All Futurefunder projects can be found here.