Giving Tuesday is a collective effort, and we are inspired by the project champions, alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends that are helping Carleton change the world. Thanks to the generosity of our community, we have raised over $1.2M in 24 hours on Giving Tuesday. With matching funding, this provides nearly $2.3M in funding towards FutureFunder initiatives that are working to confront sustainability, advance global prosperity, cultivate wellness, transform tech for good, foster a more equitable and inclusive society, and much more. Here are some highlights from Giving Tuesday 2021:
- 29 gifts were made at exactly midnight
- Over $1M was raised through 729 donors by 9:00 A.M.
- All matching funds available were unlocked by 10:03 A.M.
- By 4:00 P.M. Giving Tuesday 2021 officially became the most successful Giving Tuesday in the history of Carleton University
We are the future, and we are grateful to have you with us on this journey to drive purpose through higher education.
START THE MOVEMENT (first gift at midnight and first gift at noon wins an extra $1000):
- The perfect excuse to stay up to the wee hours indulging in some binge-worthy Netflix (or set an alarm for us early risers)! Get your fingers ready to be the first one at midnight or the first one at noon to process your donation! The first donation* received after midnight and after noon (12 pm) will get an additional $1000 in funding for the campaign/fund that received the donation! Winners will be announced on giving Tuesday.*A minimum donation of $10.00 is required to be eligible.
- Winner of the first gift at midnight challenge: Vicken, in support of the Welcome to Canada Bursary
SHOW YOUR ALUMNI PRIDE (first gift at 9:00 a.m. from an alum of Carleton wins an extra $2000)
- Get your fingers ready, Ravens! As proud alumni of Carleton, this challenge is for you! The first member of our alumni community to make a gift at 9 am to the campaign/giving fund of their choice wins an additional $2000 to the campaign/fund that received that donation! Winner will be announced on Giving Tuesday.*A minimum donation of $10.00 is required to be eligible.
- Winner: Robyn in support of the Neuroscience EDI Award
INSPIRE OTHERS TO DO GOOD (social media challenge):
- Supporting meaningful causes through FutureFunder reinforces our social commitment to spark positive change in our communities. Tell us about a cause that is important to you, and post it on your Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #TogetherforGood from November 23-November 30. You will be entered to win one of 8 prizes of $500 towards the FutureFunder initiative of your choice. Don’t forget to tag @FutureFunder on Instagram and @theFutureFunder on Twitter!
- Winners were announced via social media on Giving Tuesday and the winning initiatives were: Chicken and Boots Bursary (x2), ESP Scholarship (x2), CU Women in Science and Engineering, Neuroscience EDI Award, Math & Stats Grad Lounge Restoration, Ravens Swim Team
GO GLOBAL (gift from the furthest distance to Carleton University wins $1000):
- It’s time to round up your colleagues, friends, and family around the world! The project or giving fund with the donation coming from the furthest distance to Carleton University will win additional funding for the FutureFunder campaign/giving fund that they donated to.
- Winner: Isabelle in support of the Deborah Chatsis Indigenous Scholarship in International Affairs
RALLY TOGETHER AS RAVENS (donations from Carleton alumni):
- Now is the time to show your spirit as a proud Carleton Raven! All donations from Carleton alumni will be entered into a draw to win additional matching funds for the FutureFunder project that you supported! We will be giving away a first place prize of $500, second place of $250 and third place of $100.
- Winners: Liam in support of the Rowing Excellence Fund (1st place), Sarah in support of the Donna Coghill Scholarship (2nd place), Roberto in support of Courts for Change (3rd place)
STAY CONNECTED (donations from Carleton alumni who graduated within the last 5 years):
- You can stay connected to Carleton University by supporting an initiative that was important to you as a student! All alumni donors who graduated within the last 5 years will be entered into a draw to win $500 in additional matching funds for the FutureFunder project that you supported.
- Winner: Ahmad in support of the Saeed Mehrabi Memorial Award in Computer Science
SPREAD THE GIVING SPIRIT (donations from Carleton faculty, staff and retirees):
- Carleton faculty, staff and retirees are an integral part of our campus community, and we want to thank you for supporting impactful initiatives! All donations from Carleton faculty, staff and retirees will be entered into a draw to win additional matching funds for the FutureFunder project that you supported! We will be giving away a first place prize of $500, second place of $250 and third place of $100.
- Winners: Natalina in support of the Neuroscience EDI Award (1st place), Peter in support of the Donna Coghill Scholarship (2nd place), Ming in support of the Director’s Fund for Cultural Mediations (3rd place)