In these challenging times, people and institutions are joining forces to make a difference in the world. This is happening here at Carleton. All across campus—physically and virtually—students, faculty, staff and community partners are leading projects and initiatives that leverage the power of higher education to be a force for good.
Every year on Giving Tuesday, we invite our community to take part in this incredible movement. December 1 is your opportunity to join with Carleton students and researchers and take on some of the most prominent causes of 2020 together, such as:
- Striving for equity, diversity and inclusion on campus and in society
- Helping our students and researchers respond to COVID-19 and its impact on the world
- Working to ensure accessibility in higher education, by reducing barriers preventing individuals from unlocking their full potential
- Empowering our students, faculty, staff and community to thrive through personal wellness and mental health initiatives and resources
- Bringing our community together through the pride and inspiration of athletics
- And many more! Find your cause online today.
Choose your passion project and get ready to make a difference!
Donations made through FutureFunder.ca on Giving Tuesday will be matched dollar-for-dollar on a first come, first served basis. You may also participate in our Giving Tuesday challenges to win additional funding towards the FutureFunder initiative that is meaningful to you.
In addition to matching funding opportunities, we are hosting a number of Giving Tuesday challenges to win additional funding towards the FutureFunder initiative that you support;
- INSPIRE OTHERS TO DO GOOD: Supporting meaningful causes through FutureFunder reinforces our social commitment to spark positive change in our communities. Tell us about a cause that is important to you, and post it on your Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #TogetherforGood from November 23-December 1. You will be entered to win one of 8 prizes of $500 towards the FutureFunder initiative of your choice. Don’t forget to tag @FutureFunder on Instagram and @theFutureFunder on Twitter! Winners will be announced throughout the day on Giving Tuesday. Follow us on Twitter (@theFutureFunder) and Instagram (@FutureFunder) for these announcements.
- FIRST GIFT AT MIDNIGHT AND FIRST GIFT AT NOON WINS AN EXTRA $ 1000: The perfect excuse to stay up to the wee hours indulging in some binge-worthy Netflix (or set an alarm for us early risers)! Get your fingers ready to be the first one at midnight or the first one at noon to process your donation! The first donation* received after midnight and after noon (12 pm) will get an additional $ 1000 in funding for the campaign/fund that received the donation! A minimum donation of $10.00 is required. The winners will be announced on Giving Tuesday.
- GIFT FROM THE FURTHEST DISTANCE TO CARLETON UNIVERSITY WINS $ 1000: It’s time to round up your colleagues, friends, and family around the world! The project or giving fund with the donation coming from the furthest distance to Carleton University will win additional funding for the FutureFunder campaign/giving fund that they donated to. Winner will be announced on Thursday, December 10.
- DONATIONS FROM CARLETON ALUMNI: Now is the time to show your spirit as a proud Carleton Raven! All donations from Carleton alumni will be entered into a draw to win additional matching funds for the FutureFunder project that you supported! We will be giving away a first place prize of $ 500, second place of $ 250 and third place of $ 100. Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 10.
- DONATIONS FROM ALUMNI WHO GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 5 YEARS: You can stay connected to Carleton University by supporting an initiative that was important to you as a student! All alumni donors who graduated within the last 5 years will be entered into a draw to win $500 in additional matching funds for the FutureFunder project that you supported! Winner will be announced on Thursday, December 10.
- DONATIONS FROM CARLETON FACULTY, STAFF AND RETIREES: Carleton faculty, staff and retirees are an integral part of our campus community, and we want to thank you for supporting impactful initiatives! All donations from Carleton faculty, staff and retirees will be entered into a draw to win additional matching funds for the FutureFunder project that you supported! We will be giving away a first place prize of $ 500, second place of $ 250 and third place of $ 100. Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 10.
We hope you will join us on December 1 for Giving Tuesday as we do good things for the world, together.